My Blog List

Monday, 22 January 2018

One Pager Exercise

One Pager
Verge
22 January 2018

The media platforms I use are more digital and less traditional.
I use the apps on my phone from the Guardian and CBC to
read “print” news, and receive some updates through twitter
and facebook feeds. I view news from those sources on a daily
basis. Less frequently, say a few times per week, I listen to the
radio, podcasts, and view news videos online. Television is one
source I do not rely on as we don’t have cable.

I have the impression that public relations for Camosun is not a
huge focus. A quick search for Camosun College on the Chek
News website displays only three hits specifically about Camosun
College in 2017. The most recent article was published in
September 2017. The same search on the CTV Vancouver Island 
News website has more dismal results. There is one story from 
2017 and it’s actually about the housing crisis and simply mentions 
Camosun. The other articles are from 2016 and also are not 
specifically about the College, but rather people associated with it.

I must admit I don’t go out of my way to follow the college on  
social media platforms however, I would still expect with the number 
of students to see some re-postings of news and events. This does 
not happen. The most I see Camosun College represented in any 
type of media is on bus stop ads or on campus itself. I am left overall 
with the sense that Camosun has found other ways, perhaps 
reputation and word of mouth, to maintain their standing in the 
community and to keep enrollment high. I also wonder if their target 
audience is not focused on local residents but rather individuals from 
outside Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment